We offer four primary levels of mastery – start or continue your journey by joining our community of language learners in one of the classes listed below. All classes will be offered online only via Zoom through the spring of 2022.
- Modern Hebrew Level 1: Master the Basics – New to Hebrew? No problem. This course is designed for the absolute beginner. Start to develop your Hebrew reading, writing and speaking skills. We will focus on learning the alphabet and developing basic spoken and written communication.
- Modern Hebrew Level 1A: Build Your Vocabulary – Move forward with this class using skills learned in Modern Hebrew 1. You’ll strengthen your vocabulary and communication skills, learn to tell the time (learning numbers 1 through 12) and start a conversation about yourself and others. Prerequisites: Modern Hebrew 1 or an ability to read and write Hebrew (slowly) both in print (with and without vowels) and in cursive, and the ability to introduce yourself.
- Modern Hebrew Level 2: Discuss Objects of Daily Life – Keep improving your reading comprehension and vocabulary. Learn how to combine adjectives with nouns and numbers in the masculine form, discuss casual and engaging topics such as your home environment and beyond. Prerequisites: Modern Hebrew 1A or good reading and writing skills (print and cursive), familiarity with basic Hebrew verb structure in the present tense, an ability to tell time and ask basic questions of others.
- Modern Hebrew Level 2A: Widen Your Navigation of the Present Tense – Improve your reading comprehension and beef up (or strengthen) your vocabulary to build your conversation skills – delving into a variety of topics like shopping, traveling and more. These classes will take place on Zoom. Prerequisites: Modern Hebrew 2 or good reading and writing skills (print and cursive), familiarity with basic Hebrew vocabulary and an ability to describe objects around you; tell time and ask basic questions of others.
- Modern Hebrew Level 3: Infinitives & Beyond – Keep up the momentum by learning more advanced vocabulary and grammar in the present tense. Learn to use infinitives (such as “to do”) to build your conversation skills. This class also includes foundational and intriguing elements of Israeli geography and culture. These classes will take place on Zoom. Prerequisites: Hebrew 2A or sound knowledge of previously studied Hebrew grammar such as verb conjugation, and adjective and noun agreement.
- Modern Hebrew Level 3A: Explore Past Tense – Get ready to navigate space and time! Add the past tense to your Hebrew toolkit by learning to talk about things that already happened. This class will also include readings and conversations as you explore various aspects of Israeli culture and society. Prerequisites: Modern Hebrew 3 or good knowledge of vocabulary and grammatical forms of such as verb conjugation, adjective and noun agreement, and the use of the infinitives (to do…) in the present tense.
- Modern Hebrew Level 4: Journey Into Future Tense – Got plans for the future? Let’s discuss. Add the use of the future tense to your conversational skills while continuing to build up vocabulary and knowledge of Israeli society. You’ll enjoy a good verbal workout as this class is conducted mostly in Hebrew. Prerequisites: Modern Hebrew 3A or sound knowledge of previously studied Hebrew grammar such as verb conjugation, adjective and noun agreement, and the use of infinitives (such as “to do”) in both the present and past tense.
- Modern Hebrew Level 4A: Focus on Fluency – Enjoy widening your familiarity with the Hebrew language, its modern and historic characteristics. You’ll have the opportunity to confidently develop your Hebrew fluency, while engaging with a broader range of original Hebrew material. Prerequisites: Modern Hebrew 4 or high-level speaking and writing skills, including sound knowledge of Hebrew grammar like verb conjugation, adjective and noun agreement, and the use of infinitives (such as “to do”) in the present, past and future tenses.
When does registration open?
Which class should I register for?
What are the classes like?
What will I learn?
How much time will I invest each week?
Get in Touch
Have a question about Hebrew Classes? Reach out to our team – we’d love to hear from you!