Gallanter Family Aquatics Center: Opening Fall 2021
One of the programs cherished most by our families and Fitness Center members is Aquatics. Since our pools closed due to COVID-19 in March 2020, we’ve missed the energy it brought to the building. It’s where little and big kickers learn to swim, improve their technique, get fit, train and compete with the help from our skilled coaches and instructors.
Thanks to a generous grant from Sandy and Linda Gallanter, we are able to begin much needed renovations to improve the overall experience for all our swimmers. That includes a new dehumidifying system along with several other improvements that will make your experience more enjoyable, including the ventilation and air quality.
We anticipate the new Gallanter Family Aquatics Center will open early fall 2021, regardless of the status for other in-person JCCSF programs, due to public health guidelines related to COVID-19.
The Gallanter Family Aquatics Center features a 25-yard lap pool, a warm-water recreation pool and a heated spa. We offer a wide variety of lessons, exercise classes and activities for new and experienced swimmers of all ages.
Another reason to become a Fitness Center Member is complimentary access to the heated spa, lap pool, Aquafit classes and family swim, plus member pricing for your kids’ swim lessons and birthday party.
The details of our three pools:
- 25-yard Lap Pool: 5 lanes, 3½ – 6 foot slope width-wise, 80° temperature
- Warm-water Recreation Pool: 15 yards, 1½ – 4 foot depth, 88 – 90° temperature
- Heated Spa: seats up to 15, 102° temperature
- Programs: Aquafit, Swim Lessons, Private Lessons, Swim Team, Lap Swim, Family Swim Time, Pool Parties and more!
What are the pool rules?
- Food, drink and/or glass are not allowed in the pool area at any time (water in non-breakable containers is allowed)
- Children who are not potty trained must wear swim diapers and a swimsuit at all times.
- No diving is allowed at any time in either pools or the Jacuzzi.
- Running is not allowed at any time in the Aquatic Facility.
- Children age 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult (age 18+) at all times while in the Aquatic Facility. In the Lap Pool, children must be accompanied by an adult in the water and be swimming laps.
- While in the Rec Pool children age 7 and younger must have an adult (age 18+) in the water with them. Children age 5 and younger must have an adult at no less than arms length distance. One (1) adult may only supervise up to two (2) children ages 5 and younger.
- Children age 14 and younger are not allowed in the Jacuzzi at any time.
- Only Coast Guard-approved life vests are permitted. Other than Coast Guard-approved life vests no other outside floatation devices or toys are allowed in any pool.
- Swimsuits are required while using any pool or Jacuzzi.
- Showering is required before entering the pools or the Jacuzzi.
- When using the Lap Pool, please be considerate of others and circle swim as needed. Also, please be aware of aqua joggers using deep/shallow water. The Aquatics Lap Lane Availability Schedule is posted in the Aquatics Facility and at www.jccsf.org
- Children are not allowed to use the aqua weights, hand paddles, kick boards or noodles.
- Please refrain from excessive or unnecessary conversation with lifeguards.
- If either the pools or the Jacuzzi is closed, please do not enter the water for any reason.
- When exiting the pool area, please use the side entrances and refrain from entering the lobby