Gallanter Family Aquatics Center
Thanks to a generous grant from Sandy and Linda Gallanter, we have just completed a much-needed renovations project to provide a better overall experience for all our swimmers, including a new dehumidifying system improving ventilation and air quality.
Become a Fitness Center Member and you’ll receive complimentary access to the hot tub, lap pool, Aqua fitness classes and Recreation & Family Swim, plus member pricing for your kids’ swim lessons at the JCCSF Swim School.
WHEN CAN I SWIM?
Aquatics Center Hours
Please note upcoming holiday closures under Holiday Hours & Closures.
Monday – Friday: 5:30 am – 8:45 pmSaturday & Sunday: 7:00 am – 4:45 pm
The Lap Pool is available for lap swimming during Aquatics Center hours. Peak time is 4:00 – 7:00 pm every day.
View our full Lap Pool and Rec Pool schedule breakdown by day.
Recreation & Family Swim Hours (Rec Pool)
Monday – Thursday: 5:30 – 9:00 am, 11:30 am – noon, 5:30 – 8:45 pm*
Friday: 5:30 – 8:45 am, 11:00 am – noon, 6:30 – 8:45 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00 – 8:00 am, 2:00 – 4:45 pm
Pool capacity is 50 swimmers. *Space limited from 5:30 pm – 7:15 pm.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: noon – 1:00 pm
Our three pools
- 25-yard Lap Pool: 5 lanes, 3½ – 6 foot slope width-wise, 80° temperature
- Warm-water Recreation Pool: 15 yards, 1½ – 4 foot depth, 88 – 90° temperature
- Hot Tub: seats up to 15, 102° temperature
- Programs: Lap Swim, Aqua Fitness, Swim Lessons, Swim Team, Recreation & Family Swim
What are the pool rules?
- Proof of vaccination is required for all Fitness Center members. Masks are not required when walking from the locker rooms or while in the pool.
- Food, drink and/or glass are not allowed in the pool area at any time (water in non-breakable containers is allowed)
- Children who are not potty trained must wear swim diapers and a swimsuit at all times.
- No diving is allowed at any time in either pools or the hot tub.
- Running is not allowed at any time in the Aquatics Center.
- Children age 14 and younger
- Must be accompanied by an adult (age 18+) at all times while in the Aquatics Center.
- In the Lap Pool, children must be accompanied by an adult in the water and be swimming laps.
- Are not allowed in the hot tub at any time.
- While in the Rec Pool children age 7 and younger must have an adult (age 18+) in the water with them. Children age 5 and younger must have an adult at no less than arms length distance. One (1) adult may only supervise up to two (2) children ages 5 and younger.
- Only Coast Guard-approved life vests are permitted. Other than Coast Guard-approved life vests no other outside floatation devices or toys are allowed in any pool.
- Swimsuits are required while using any pool or hot tub.
- Showering is required before entering the pools or the hot tub.
- When using the Lap Pool, please be considerate of others and circle swim as needed. Also, please be aware of aqua joggers using deep/shallow water. The Aquatics Lap Lane Availability Schedule is posted in the Aquatics Center and at www.jccsf.org
- Children are not allowed to use the aqua weights, hand paddles, kick boards or noodles.
- Please refrain from excessive or unnecessary conversation with lifeguards.
- If either the pools or the hot tub is closed, please do not enter the water for any reason.
- When exiting the pool area, please use the side entrances and refrain from entering the lobby.
- For COVID-related policies for Family Swim, visit our JCCSF Swim School FAQs
Do you know someone who loves the water? We’re looking for talented, inspiring fun-loving people age 16 and older to join our aquatics program team as as lifeguards ($25.44/hr) and swim instructors ($25.44/hr). Plus, get a free JCCSF Fitness Center membership while you’re actively employed.
BONUS – when we hire someone you recommend, you’ll receive a free month of group swim lessons!
Still Have Questions?
Get in touch with us if you have any questions about the Gallanter Family Aquatics Center.