When kids dance, they get so much more than just an outlet for excess energy – they become more socially aware in groups, learn how to express themselves creatively, and grow in strength, flexibility, coordination and balance.
At the JCCSF Dance School, our talented instructors guide children in various styles of dance. From ballet to jazz to hip hop and more, the tiered dance programs offer a wide selection of engaging classes for everyone – creating inspiring young artists throughout our community.
Keep On Dancing
From living rooms across San Francisco to the JCCSF studios to the stage at the Palace of Fine Arts, no matter where we are, our collective love of dance brings us together. Here are a few clips of our student’s skills on display during online classes in 2020 and at the Ballet Select and Dance Recital performances from 2019.
Welcome back to the dance studio! Our offerings include studio classes in a variety of styles and levels and online classes to enjoy moving from your home.
Toddler and Preschool Age
- Ballet First Steps A/B: An introduction to dance and movement terminology taught in a fun, engaging way. Through creative exploration and beginning dance steps students discover the world of ballet and the performing arts.
- Hip Hop/Jazz First Steps A/B: Hip Hop and Jazz techniques are introduced using upbeat music and imagination to inspire dancers’ joy in movement and discovery. Stretch, leap, kick and turn in these high-energy dance styles.
- Ballet/Tap First Steps: Learn the basics of ballet vocabulary, rhythm, and sound. Through coordination and balance exercises this combination class has dancers exploring a range of dance and movement qualities.
School Age (Levels)
- Ballet I,II,III: These tiered level classes allow our students to grow into well-rounded dancers and develop an appreciation for their own hard work and successes. Our positive coaching style builds dancers’ confidence and self-expression while learning ballet technique.
- Hip Hop/Jazz I,II,III: Keep on dancing with us in these tiered level classes! Designed to challenge a dancer through group choreography and creative improvisation while teaching footwork, strength, flexibility and artistic expression.
- Ballet/Tap I,II: Enjoy combining rhythm, tempo, and ballet technique in these combo classes. Created for continuing a dancer’s love of versatility, we will learn beginner to intermediate tap steps and explore ballet movement across the floor and at the barre.
- Dance Online: Develop your artistic expression and break a sweat in these online offerings. Classes are taught through Zoom for a mixed level age group. (Hip Hop/Jazz)
Does my child need to have prior training or experience to join a dance class?
What should my dancer wear for class?
What are the current mask requirements for dance class?
Does your program offer performance opportunities?
Is financial assistance available?
Get in Touch
Have a question about JCCSF Dance School? Reach out to our team – we’d love to hear from you!