Camp runs Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (No camp on Monday, July 4th).
Extended care is not a drop-in program and is not offered on a day-to-day basis. You must register for Extended Care in advance and for each camp session.
Campers in AM Care may arrive anytime between 8:00 – 9:00 am. Parents or guardians must bring campers inside the building and sign them in each morning. You may not leave your child unattended in the building or drop them off in front of the building.
Please note that we use different counseling staff for AM Care. The staff member in the morning is not your child’s daytime counselor. If you need to speak to your child’s regular camp staff, please call the office during regular camp hours.
First Day Check-In
There is no curbside drop-off on the first day of each camp session. You must come into the atrium for check-in on the first day of your camp session.
Check-in is in the atrium and begins at 8:15 am, however camp does not begin until 9:00 am. You must walk your camper into the classroom after check-in; campers will be allowed into the rooms at 8:40 AM.
On the Monday mornings when your camper is beginning a new camp session, no matter if they have been at JCCSF Camps already this summer, you must walk your child into the building at 3200 California Street and go through the check-in process. During check-in, you will:
- Make sure we have correct and updated health information for your child
- Complete a signed waiver
- Meet camp staff
- Add authorized pick-ups to your list
- Receive a camper T-shirt
- Receive a dashboard placard to use for complimentary parking in the JCCSF garage during drop-off and pick-up or during the curbside drop-off and pick-up process
- Deliver medications or special instructions regarding your child
If your camper is enrolled in AM Care, check-in directly at 8:00 am. AM Care is not a drop-in program. You must register for this program in advance and it often fills up. To add extended care, please complete our online registration process.
You will receive a dashboard placard during first-day check-in that is valid for that session of camp. You may request as many placards as you will need for transporting your child to and from camp. The camp placard is needed for the following:
- Complimentary parking in our garage for 20 minutes during drop-off and pick-up times
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up at our drive-through
Except for the first day of each camp session (when you must walk your camper into the atrium for check-in), there are two ways to drop-off your camper: walk with them to their camp room or drop them off at our curbside drop-off.
If you choose to bring your camper into their homeroom, you can do so between 8:40 – 9:00 am. The JCCSF is served by many MUNI lines, we have bike parking outside or you can park in the JCCSF parking garage (using your parking placard for 20 minutes of complimentary parking).
If you choose to use our curbside drop-off, it is located on Walnut Street between California and Sacramento. Curbside drop-off begins at 8:40 AM and closes promptly at 9:00 am. After 9:00 am, you must bring your camper directly to their homeroom. Some helpful tips:
- For safety, you may only enter by making a right turn onto Walnut Street from California Street and turning right into our curbside drop-off. You will not be allowed to make a left turn into the curbside drop-off if you are coming south from Sacramento Street.
- Make sure that you display your parking placard on your dashboard so that camp and security staff can easily identify you as a camp family and help facilitate your curbside process.
- If you are driving, please do not get out of your car. Camp staff will be available to open the door and help your camper out of their car seat or seatbelt.
- There is no overlap with Preschool camp drop-off. You must walk both campers into to their rooms or go through the drop-off for each camper.
- If you are arriving by public transportation, bicycle or walking, you may safely walk your camper to the curbside drop-off from the pedestrian gate on California Street, just west of the garage entrance.
Again, curbside drop-off is not available on the first day of a camp session. You must bring your camper into their room.
Campers will only be released to parents or adults whom you have authorized in writing to pick up your child. If your child will be picked up by someone not already on your list, you must notify us in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also add more people to your authorized list during Check-In on the first day of camp. If you need to pick up your camper before the end of the camp day, please call the Camp Hotline (415.563.6608) to make arrangements. When you arrive, go to the Camp Office to sign out your camper. Be prepared to show ID and camp staff will direct you to your camper.
If you have more than one camper with different pick-up procedures, you will not need to go to both locations. Your younger camper will be brought to the drive-through for curbside pick-up. We will confirm this logistic at Check-In on the first day of camp.
If you have not picked up your camper by the end of your pick-up time, your child will be taken to the office where they will wait while we try to reach you.
Curbside pickup is available at our Walnut Street drive-through from 3:40 – 4:00 pm. Musical Theater, and Sports curbside pick-up is available from 4:00 – 4:15 pm. Some helpful tips:
For safety, you may only enter by making a right turn onto Walnut Street from California Street and turning right into our curbside drop-off. You will not be allowed to make a left turn into the curbside drop-off if you are coming south from Sacramento Street.
Make sure that you display your parking placard on your dashboard so that camp and security staff can easily identify you as a camp family and help facilitate your curbside process. Please be sure your camper’s name is clearly written.
Be prepared to show valid ID for when signing out your camper.
If you are driving, please do not get out of your car. Camp staff will be available to open the door and help your camper into their car seat or seatbelt.
If you are arriving by public transportation, bicycle or walking, you may walk to the curbside pickup from the pedestrian gate on California Street, just west of the garage entrance.
Please notify the camp office via the Camp Parent Hotline (415.563.6608) or email (email@example.com) at any time if your child will not be attending camp, will be late to camp or will be picked up early.
If you need to pick up your camper before the end of the camp day, please make arrangements with the Camp Office to ensure that your camper is not offsite when you arrive.
If you wish to pick up your camper early, we ask that you please come and pick them up in the camp office. Early pick-up will not be available after 3:30.