Led by Director Edna Vaknin, Brotherhood Way Preschool is located at 655 Brotherhood Way in the Lake Merced neighborhood on a woodland campus shared with the Brandeis School. The newly remodeled school features bright, spacious classrooms, an outdoor play area, a garden space and an art studio.
Our preschools are built upon shared goals, values and knowledge that deliver the highest quality experience possible. We’re committed to creating an inclusive community that’s infused with meaningful Jewish values. We celebrate holidays with our children and families throughout the year as well as a weekly Shabbat. Our program is built on the fundamental premise that children learn and understand their world through play. Inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy, we provide a variety of opportunities for learning, exploration, creativity and self-expression.
Dates & Rates
Brotherhood Way 9-Month Program
Brotherhood Way 11-Month Program
* Morning and afternoon extended care is available for an extra fee. Financial assistance is available.
Navigating the Kindergarten Process
Graduating from preschool to kindergarten is a big step! Did you know that 92% of our preschool families get into one of their top two choices of kindergartens? Our enrollment support process can help you get a spot in local programs like San Francisco Day School, Burkes, Town School for Boys, San Francisco Friends School, Hamlin, Convent, Stuart Hall, Marin Country Day School, Live Oak and more. Listen below as Diller site director Karla Cianci shares how the JCCSF family of preschools can help your family navigate the tricky and stress-inducing SF kindergarten process.
Summer Camp at BW
Join us for Summer Camp! This year, we’re offering 9 one-week camps with a creative new theme each week. Your 2 – 5-year-old camper can participate in activities like our Superhero camp, Wacky Science camp, Animal Exploration camp, and more as they make friends and have tons of fun playing and learning.
- Registration opens Tuesday, January 11 at 7:00 am
- 9 one-week sessions starting between 5/31 and 7/29 (no camp on Memorial Day or July 4th)(see descriptions below)
- Camp runs Monday – Friday from 9 am – 1 pm
- $420/week (prorated for holiday weeks)
- AM care is available from 8 – 9 am, PM care is available from either 1 – 3 pm or 1 – 6 pm
- AM care is $75/week, PM care (1 – 3) $150/week, PM care (1 – 6) $375/week (prorated for holiday weeks)
- 5/31 – 6/3 Superheroes: Become a Superhero! Dress in your most super costume and discover your own special powers!
- 6/6 – 6/10 The Fantastic Five-Exploring Our Sensational Senses: Let’s use our sensational senses by enjoying cooking, music, art projects, and games.
- 6/13 – 6/17 Down By the Seashore: Having fun visiting life under the sea and on the beach.
- 6/20 – 6/24 Wacky Science: Campers will explore science with hands on projects including exciting and wacky experiments.
- 6/27 – 7/1 Red, White and Boom: Come celebrate America’s Birthday by creating patriotic arts and crafts and enjoying a 4th of July picnic.
- 7/5 – 7/8 (no camp 7/4) It’s A Bug Life: Want to go bug hunting? Learn some cool bug facts, create your very own bugs and live a bug’s life.
- 7/11 – 7/15 Animal Exploration: Let’s discover some of the amazing animals and their habitats in our world with an exciting visit from the Little Explorer Petting Zoo.
- 7/18 – 7/22 Healthy Me!: Campers will find fun ways to stay healthy by creating snacks and keeping on the move with sports and physical exercises.
- 7/25 – 7/29 Lights, Camera, Action: Campers will explore the visual arts, dance, theater, and music. Ending the week with our very own Brotherhood Way Super Stars Camper Show.
What is Reggio-Emilia philosophy and how is it applied?
What does a typical day Brotherhood Way look like?
What makes Brotherhood Way different from Helen Diller and Rosenberg?
Does my child need to be Jewish to enroll?
Is financial assistance available?
We are back in our third year at preschool, and quite frankly are amazed at how well things are going amidst the pandemic. The school's health and safety protocols are top-notch, but the JOY is still there. I'm so grateful that my child is learning, having fun, and building relationships every day.
This is our first year at the school and our 3-year old son is loving it. He has flourished and developed so much since starting in August. The teachers are caring, loving, and provide an engaging environment for kids . . . This school has my highest recommendation!
My daughter is in her second year at the Brotherhood Way Preschool, and we have been very glad we found this community. She has truly been thriving from being around the teachers and children, and it's been great to get connected to more families here in the city . . . The situation with COVID-19 really drove home how important her school friends have been.
Get in Touch
Have a question about Brotherhood Way Preschool? Reach out to our team — we’d love to hear from you!