HYC & Afterschool
Grades K – 5
Havurah Youth Center (HYC), the JCCSF's outstanding licensed afterschool program, can be your child's home away from home. Students enjoy thematic programming, arts enrichment activities, special interest classes and celebrating Jewish holidays and culture.
Each day, children engage in a wide range of activities, including swimming, performance and visual arts, music, planting in the rooftop garden, science experiments or playing a game in the gym.* As the week winds down, HYC children celebrate Shabbat by baking fresh hallah and singing. Our talented and nurturing teaching staff provides a safe environment for children to explore new things and gain self-esteem. HYC parents find community as their children learn valuable social skills and make new friends. Families of all cultures and backgrounds are welcome.
Monday – Friday • 2:00 – 6:00 pm
8:00 am – 6:00 pm most SFUSD school day closures
Part-time schedules are available. Transportation is available from many SFUSD schools.
License # 384001267.
The Havurah Youth Center's robust afterschool experience includes:
- Jewish cultural and holiday programming
- Visual and performing arts enrichment: music, drama and ceramics
- Recreational swimming
- Daily access to gymnasium and rooftop playground
- Homework help and tutoring
- Multicultural thematic programming
- Exciting and educational field trips
- Full-day programming on most SFUSD school holidays
- Nutritious, vegetarian snacks provided
- Transportation provided to the JCCSF from many SFUSD schools
- Convenient to many MUNI bus lines
- Families of all cultures and backgrounds welcome
* Special discounts. HYC children receive discounts on most JCCSF recreation classes and are escorted to and from these classes.
Flexible schedules. HYC is a great option for children with three or more open days after school. Call for details.
HYC is funded in part by the generous support of Anonymous, Bunny & Steven Fayne, The David B. Gold Foundation, Horace W. Goldsmith Foundation, Jenerosity Foundation, Margaret Mak & David Lichtman, Nancy Livingston & Fred Levin, Drs. Ben & A. Jess Shenson Donor Advised Fund of the San Francisco Foundation, in memory of Ben & A. Jess Shenson, San Francisco Department of Children, Youth & Their Families, Gary Shupin Youth Scholarship Fund, Barbara & Chris Wilson