Why Your Gift is Important
Donations allow us to keep program fees down, present free and subsidized programs, and provide more than $660,000 in financial aid annually. We also offer practical, on-the-ground assistance such as transportation for people who might not otherwise be able to come, healthy and nutritious meals to seniors, and partnerships with public schools and organizations that serve a less affluent population.
Tens of thousands of people across the city rely on the JCCSF as a resource for community, education, health and happiness. Please make a gift to the JCCSF so that our community center can continue to provide exceptional programs to everyone. Again, thank you for your generous support.
Why does the JCCSF need my contribution?
The JCCSF is an inclusive and accessible community for all those who come through our doors. That means those of us who are more fortunate need to lend a helping hand to those less so. It’s what makes us a true community. Memberships and fees do not cover our costs. We rely on individual gifts from people like you in order to serve the community with a wide range of programs for people of all ages.
Is my money well spent at the JCCSF?
We are proud that the JCCSF has a 4 star rating from Charity Navigator in Accountability and Transparency – the highest rating one can receive in that area. Our administrative and fundraising costs are far below guidelines set for well-managed nonprofits by the Better Business Bureau and Wise Giving Alliance.
How is my gift used?
More than 50,000 people benefit from our programs each year. Donations allow us to serve the community with enriching classes, engaging activities and a safe and inviting place.
How can I make a difference?
- $2,500 Transformative teen experiences - Send two Bay Area athletes to the Maccabi Games®
- $1,000 Welcome the Sabbath - Sponsor a year of community Shabbat celebrations in our beautiful atrium.
- $500 Continuing education - Allow two adults to connect for one year with a new interest through a myriad of classes such as language, cooking or dance.
- $360 Enrich a senior’s life - Provide hot kosher lunches and social activities for 50 low-income seniors.
- $180 Watch a child learn and grow - Give one child or toddler the opportunity to participate in a semester class such as art dabbler, gym ‘n swim, ballet or hip hop.
- $100 Accessibility - Provide 6 free taxi rides to allow mobility-impaired seniors to spend the day at the JCCSF.
We are grateful to all the generous donors whose support makes our programs possible. This year’s Visionaries ($250,000 +) include the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund, Maurice Kanbar, the Koret Foundation and the Laszlo N. Tauber Family Foundation. Heroes ($100,000 - $249,000) include the Gerson and Barbara Bakar Philanthropic Fund of the JCEF, The Friend Family, Lisa & Douglas Goldman Fund, The Horace W. Goldsmith Foundation, Nancy & Stephen Grand, Walter & Elise Haas Fund, the Newhouse Fund of the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund, Bernard Osher Jewish Philanthropies Foundation, and the Taube Foundation for Jewish Life & Culture.