Adapting Yoga for Pregnancy
With Kari Marble
Gain detailed and relevant knowledge about pregnancy and how to safely and confidently guide pregnant students in your yoga classes. Learn more about body changes and innate wisdom and how to modify poses to safely and comfortably accommodate growing bellies and other accompanying elements of pregnancy.
• Lecture on the anatomy of pregnancy, including physical, emotional and spiritual changes
• Appropriate and inappropriate poses and breath techniques
• Precautions, contraindications, and rationale
• Modifications for yoga practice the first months after birth
• A yoga practice demonstrating modified poses
This workshop is for yoga teachers and for pregnant yoga practitioners with at least six months of yoga flow practice prior to pregnancy. This workshop qualifies for continuing education credit for Yoga Alliance members.
About the Instructor:
Kari Marble is a mother of two and a certified yoga teacher, massage therapist, infant massage instructor and birth educator with a passionate and extensive specialization in the childbearing year. She also teaches workshops for expectant couples in yoga and massage for labor and in Calm Birth meditation methods. Kari has practiced yoga since 1989 and has taught since 2000.
Saturday, May 10
2:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Member fee: $ 75.00
Non-member fee: $ 90.00